Aftershave is the best way to complete black men’s shaving routine.
It’s the remedy you need to relieve all the damage the razor blade has inflicted on your skin.
The best aftershaves for black skin will help treat razor bumps, razor burns, skin irritation, dryness, flakiness, and itchiness. Not to mention the refreshing scent you get to wear on your face after a great shave.
One of these products is what you have been looking for. Experience the change and be a better man.
- 1 Why Use an Aftershave?
- 2 The Best Aftershaves for Black Skin Are:
- 2.1 The Art of Shaving Sandalwood Aftershave Balm
- 2.2 Pacific Shaving Company Caffeinated Aftershave
- 2.3 Brickell Men’s Instant Relief Aftershave
- 2.4 Tree Hut Bare Post Shave Soothing Mist
- 2.5 Cremo Cooling Formula Post Shave Balm
- 2.6 Shea Moisture Elixir Aftershave
- 2.7 Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel
- 2.8 Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
- 2.9 Bee Bald Head Post Shaving Healing Balm
- 2.10 Dove Men + Care Post Shave Balm
- 2.11 Lather & Wood Aftershave Balm
- 2.12 Proraso Aftershave Sensitive Balm
- 2.13 Viking Revolution Luxury Aftershave Balm
- 3 Home Remedies for After Shaving
- 4 Conclusion
Why Use an Aftershave?
An aftershave acts as an antiseptic agent that protects your skin (especially dark skin) from infections that can be caused due to minute cuts or nicks in the skin during shaping beard.
The Best Aftershaves for Black Skin Are:
The Art of Shaving Sandalwood Aftershave Balm
This is one of the best beard balms that smells and feels “irresistible” from The Art of Shaving.
Formulated with Shea butter and Grapeseed oil, which relieves dry skin after a shave.
“The Art of Shaving Sandalwood Aftershave Balm” achieves this by soothing and softening the skin, leaving you with smooth skin that’s free of razor bumps or burns.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of Shea butter may also reduce irritation and redness.
- Grapeseed oil, on the other hand, is rich in vitamin E (packed with natural antioxidants) for replenishing the skin and preventing damage.
- The product features Glycerin, which is an excellent humectant.
After shaving your facial hair, rinse your face properly with cold water. Then apply a fair amount of this product to your face and neck for the best results.
Specially, the balm doesn’t contain cruelty.
Pacific Shaving Company Caffeinated Aftershave
This product is designed to give your black skin a caffeinated aftershave experience.
- The balm is fortified with naturally-derived caffeine, which is great because it helps alleviate redness and skin irritation.
- The antioxidants in this ingredient will leave you with a smooth skin that feels and looks healthy.
“Pacific Shaving Company Caffeinated Aftershave” is also enriched with Spearmint essential oil and Aloe Vera extract.
- Aloe is one of the all-time best aftershave ingredients. Apart from moisturizing the skin, it soothes and regenerates the epidermis.
- Spearmint essential oil, on the other hand, stimulates circulation to your skin to brighten your complexion.
Another thing that you will admire about this product is the fact that it doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, or animal testing.
Get a long-lasting aftershave experience with this incredible product from the Pacific Shaving Company.
Brickell Men’s Instant Relief Aftershave
Use this great instant relief aftershave for the best look and feel.
This alcohol-free, soothing formula is very effective at reducing post-shave redness, bumps, as well as ingrown hairs.
The product is formulated with powerful and natural ingredients like coconut oil, aloe Vera extract, and hyaluronic acid.
- Coconut oil helps to strengthen your skin tissue to repair the damage that was inflicted by your electric shaver (or you can be more comfortable by using shaving cream with a wet electric shaver). It also deeply moisturizes the skin for a revitalized appearance.
- Aloe Vera repairs and soothes your skin to relieve irritation and redness. It penetrates your skin to supply the underlying tissue with antioxidants and moisture.
- Hyaluronic acid in this aftershave stimulates rejuvenate your skin with volume and fullness.
This cream is super easy to use.
Just pour a dime-sized amount onto your fingers and massage into your face. Make sure you cover the entire shave area for the best results.
The cream is also cruelty-free.
Tree Hut Bare Post Shave Soothing Mist
This lightweight and fast-absorbing mist provide deep hydration post-shaving for black skin.
“Tree Hut Bare Post Shave Soothing Mist” uniquely formulated mist lightly soothes and cools your skin.
At the same time, the unique blend of oat, aloe Vera, and vitamin B5 support to alleviate inflammation, reduce redness, and relieve the itchiness that can cause ingrown hair.
- Grapefruit oil ensures that you smell refreshing longer after your electric shave.
- Orange oil supports to restore balance to the dry skin, and it promotes the production of collagen. This great natural oil also stimulates circulation to the skin while it softens it for a smoother look.
This mist is super easy to use. All you have to do is spray it immediately once you are done shaving.
But you are advised to do a patch test before applying the mist to your face.
Do not contain harsh chemicals; so, it should be okay for sensitive skin.
Cremo Cooling Formula Post Shave Balm
Fight razor burns with this amazing post-shave balm from Cremo.
It is a refreshing mint formula that is designed to deliver soothing relief by fighting razor burn, dryness, and skin irritation experienced during shaving.
Cremo Cooling Formula Post Shave Balm is fortified with refreshing ingredients, including menthol, Shea butter, Tamanu seed oil, and baobab seed oil.
- Menthol induces an icy cold sensation that helps cool your skin.
- Baobab oil has great anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve inflamed or sensitive skin and soothe irritation.
- Tamanu oil is rich in linoleic acid, oleic acid, and other fatty acids, which is great because they are all moisturizing agents.
- Meanwhile, Shea butter is a powerful moisturizer, and it also relieves dry skin, bumps, itchy skin, or cracked skin.
Another good thing about this balm is that it doesn’t contain harsh chemicals or cruelty.
Shea Moisture Elixir Aftershave
Soothe and cool your skin after a shave with this incredible elixir.
Shea Moisture Elixir Aftershave supports to clean your skin, making it bump-free, clear, and smooth after shaving.
The premium natural ingredients in the elixir help black men soothe and moisturize razor burns and bumps while keeping clean nicks.
- Shea butter and tea tree essential oil help soothe, tone, and condition your face after a shave. These ingredients are also powerful antimicrobial and cleansing agents for addressing surface and underlying skin problems.
- Meanwhile, the Shea butter, plus aloe, support condition and soothe your skin while peppermint extract offers a refreshing tingle.
- Glycerin, on the other hand, is a very effective humectant in the elixir.
The application of this product is remarkably easy. Just pour a small amount of the elixir into your palm and massage it into the shaved area.
Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel
Cool razor burns quickly and effectively with this great gel from Jack Black.
Not only does this product help cool down the black skin after a shave, but it also helps to reduce the redness and heal razor burns and bumps.
Acting as a lightweight moisturizer, this cooling gel prevents any flakiness or dry skin on the face.
Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel is alcohol-free; so, you will not get any of the nasty burning sensations that you get from conventional products.
What’s in this cooling aftershave gel?
- Balm mint for fighting free radicals.
- Chamomile for reducing skin irritation and redness.
- Aromatic botanicals (such as rosemary, lavender, and sage) for a refreshing aroma
- Aloe Vera leaf extract for softening, soothing, and calming the skin.
Not to mention that this cooling gel is very easy to use. All you need is a small amount that you will massage into the shaved skin.
Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
This incredible post-shave product from Nivea Men soothes and calms your irritated sensitive skin instantly (You can also use the shaving soap for sensitive skin to reduce the irritation or burning).
The balm is formulated with powerful ingredients, including bio chamomile, vitamin E, and pro-vitamin B5.
- Pro-vitamin B5 acts as a penetrating moisturizer. These components are there to stimulate cell repair and aids in tissue repair. Especially, they impart a non-sensitizing, non-irritant, conditioning, and moisturizing feel and promote healing. They also enhance the suppleness of your skin after a shave.
- The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile prevent skin from irritation and breakouts. It’s also rich in antioxidants for fighting free radical damage.
This gentle post-shave formula doesn’t contain any alcohol, which is great because it doesn’t leave you with any burning sensation.
Nivea Men doesn’t feature cruelty or animal testing, but you are advised to keep the product away from your eyes.
Bee Bald Head Post Shaving Healing Balm
Get immediate relief after a shave with this healing balm from Bee Bald Head.
Unlike conventional products, “Bee Bald Head Post Shaving Healing Balm” will calm, soothe, and restore your black skin’s natural balance.
Bee enriched with powerful ingredients, such as licorice root, vitamin E, Goji berry, arnica, oat, pollen extract, and honey extract.
- Honey is packed with natural antioxidants, which is great because they supply your depleted skin with radiance and moisture.
- Bee pollen supports to protect your skin from dryness, oxidative damage, UV radiation, and inflammation.
- Vitamin E, on the other hand, ensures your skin isn’t affected by free radicals or UV radiation.
Apply a small amount to the areas that came in contact with the blade. Make sure you keep the product away from the eyes for safety reasons.
Dove Men + Care Post Shave Balm
Here is the product that has proven to be very effective at reducing redness after shaving for black men.
The practical, light balm is formulated to relieve skin irritation and burning inflicted by your beard razor, leaving your skin feeling replenished and comfortable.
Not to mention that, it is dermatologist tested, which means it is free of alcohol.
This amazing formula from Dove Men + Care features high-quality ingredients like vitamin B5 and stearic acid.
Vitamin B5 is one of the all-time best-penetrating moisturizers that is well-known for its tissue repairing properties.
This exceptional ingredient helps protect your skin against irritation and UV. It also does a fantastic job of keeping your skin supple after a shave.
For the best results, take a small amount of the balm and rub it gently on the shaved parts of your face. It should leave your face looking and feeling smoother and healthier.
Lather & Wood Aftershave Balm
Get rid of razor burns and calm irritation with the Lather & Wood Aftershave Balm.
Lather & Wood Aftershave Balm is a non-drying post-shave formula, which means it doesn’t burn or sting, but soothes and calms skin irritation inflicted by shaving.
This makes it a great choice for sensitive black skin.
The formula contains powerful ingredients like aloe, coconut oil, witch hazel, sandalwood oil, neem seed oil, vitamin E, and organic jojoba oil.
- Aloe Vera is the first ingredient because of its excellent ability to penetrate the skin. It helps the balm penetrate to the water-retaining level, which means it helps your skin hold water. Skin that is moisturized appears hydrated, plump, and healthy.
- As an astringent and antiseptic, sandalwood helps fight skin irritation and redness, while Vitamin E protects your skin against free radicals.
- Additionally, Coconut oil helps with razor burns and doesn’t clog skin pores. Organic jojoba oil, on the other hand, relieves razor burns, rashes, and bumps.
Proraso Aftershave Sensitive Balm
Complete your shaving ritual with this incredible aftershave balm from Proraso.
This unique post-shave formula combines the moisturizing and protective properties of a cream with the soothing qualities of a balm to provide you immediate relief after a shave.
“Proraso Aftershave Sensitive Balm” doesn’t contain alcohol; so, no burning sensation.
- The lightweight post-shave balm features green tea and oatmeal to protect and soothe sensitive, inflamed, red, or irritated skin.
- It also contains a hint of the refreshing, light scent of apple and lime.
- Sweet almond oil is a great emollient and a natural moisturizer that helps soothe inflamed or irritated skin.
For the best results, apply after a shave by massaging gently into your skin to facilitate absorption.
Viking Revolution Luxury Aftershave Balm
Say goodbye to skin irritation and razor burns after a shave with this amazing balm from Viking Revolution.
This luxury post-shave balm features a premium combination of powerful and natural ingredients.
You’ve got Aloe leaf juice, ascorbic acid, Shea butter, and argan oil.
- Aloe leaf juice penetrates your skin to supply it with moisture, which is great because it helps hydrate and soothe the skin to relieve the effects of the blade.
- Meanwhile, Shea butter is a great natural moisturizer that helps your skin heal.
- Argan oil, on the other hand, is an exceptional serum for dealing with red bumps, razor burns, and skin irritation. It also does a good job of preventing ingrown hairs on black skin.
The Viking tradition has always been cruelty-free products. So, put your mind at ease, knowing that this balm is free of harsh chemicals or animal testing.
Home Remedies for After Shaving
Along with a high-quality, alcohol-free aftershave, you might have success with these home remedies for black skin.
The soothing, moisturizing, and healing properties of aloe make it a great home remedy for post-shave razor burns, razor bumps, irritation, and dryness.
Just apply a very small amount of the gel on the affected area for the best results.
Apart from being a great moisturizer, coconut oil also has superior healing properties. It will help replenish your skin to promote cell reproduction. This helps to relieve razor burns and bumps.
Coconut oil is also great for reducing inflammation and preventing infection.
Tea Tree Oil
The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of the tea tree make it a great remedy for post-shave burns, bumps, and irritation. It does a good job of soothing the affected area.
Heal razor burns and soothe irritation with the best aftershave formula for black skin.
The best product will help your skin overcome the effects of the blade. Besides, it will help replenish your skin to make it smoother and healthier
Did you find aftershave products that are working wonders on your black skin?
Share with us in the comments below!