With a natural shampoo, you know exactly what you expose your scalp and hair to in the long-run.
Natural shampoos use ingredients such as tea tree and eucalyptus, which have great benefits for the skin, scalp, and hair.
They feature natural moisturizers like aloe vera, shea butter, and coconut oil.
But, finding the perfect formula needs you to do a little research.
So, in our best natural shampoo for men selections, we took into consideration all the key ingredients you have been looking for.
- The 15 best shampoos for men’s oily hair
- The 6 best shampoos for men with long hair
- The 16 best men’s shampoo for gray hair
- 1 Our Top Pick
- 2 Here are Our Best Natural Shampoos for Men:
- 3 How to Choose Natural Shampoo for Men?
- 4 Final Thoughts
Our Top Pick
Kick Men’s Natural Shampoo is our top pick.
This product is free of sulfates, cruelty, phthalates, parabens, gluten, petrochemicals, and silicones.
Instead, it is fortified with powerful botanicals like tea tree, sage leaf, aloe vera, rosemary, eucalyptus, lavender, witch hazel, and lemongrass.
It gives stronger, fuller, thicker hair.
Here are Our Best Natural Shampoos for Men:
Kick Men’s Natural Shampoo
Get thicker, stronger, and fuller hair with this incredible natural shampoo from Kick. It is designed to restore scalp vitality and optimum hair growth.
- Tea tree oil
- Rosemary oil
- Aloe Vera
- Peppermint oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Sage leaf oil
- Lemongrass oil
- Witch Hazel
Kick’s Men Shampoo features natural and botanical ingredients, which is great because it means it doesn’t contain gluten, silicones, petrochemicals, phthalates, glycols, harsh chemicals, parabens, or sulfates.
All-natural ingredients guarantee healthy growth.
- Tea tree oil does a good job of soothing the scalp thanks to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
- Rosemary oil helps prevent excessive fall of hair and boost growth. Lavender oil does an exceptional job of deep conditioning the scalp and hair to control dandruff, improve shine, and prevent hair loss.
- Sage leaf extract is highly beneficial in controlling hair thing. It achieves this by stimulating follicles and strengthening the roots thanks to its antimicrobial, astringent, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Peppermint oil enhances scalp circulation, while witch hazel reduces frizz and dryness to enhance body and volume. Aloe Vera ensures all the dead skin on your scalp is broken down to improve scalp health.
But the thing is, it may not be a great choice for men who prefer pure tea tree oil shampoo.
- Sooth an itchy scalp and fights excessive fall
- Get rid of dandruff, sebum buildup, and dirt
- Increase scalp circulation to stimulate follicles
- Reduce dryness and frizz and improves shine
- Do a great job of intensifying hair color
- It may not be a great choice for men who prefer pure tea tree formulas
- A little bit expensive when compared to similar products
Regrow your hair, make it fuller and thicker, and intensify its color with this amazing formula from Kicks.
Overall Rating: 4.6/5
Dr. Squatch Natural Men’s Shampoo
Stimulate your follicles and thicken your hair with this natural men’s shampoo from Dr. Squatch. It is a certified natural formula.
- Tea tree oil
- Burdock root
- Comfrey root
This formula is enriched with premium quality tea tree oil, which is great because it helps repair damaged hair and soothes dry scalp.
The oil has anti-inflammatory antibacterial, antioxidant, and antifungal properties, all of which boost the health of your scalp and hair.
It also ensures the sebaceous glands don’t produce excess oil.
Cypress has proven to be very effective in increasing circulation to the scalp and balancing sebum secretion. It encourages the growth of new and healthy tresses.
On the other hand, Burdock root is chock-full of essential fatty acids, which helps reduce irritation to the scalp and reverse hair loss.
Nettle is rich in silica, which is great because it delivers all the essential nutrients the follicles need to grow healthy.
Comfrey root is rich in antioxidants, vitamin B12, and vitamin A, which help boost growth and prevent dryness.
The shampoo is also packed with tangerine oil, which is good because it is antiseptic and antifungal for eliminating dandruff and excess oil from the scalp.
But here is the thing guys, it is possible to receive a bottle with altered ingredients.
- Remove dandruff and excess oil from the scalp
- Great for soothing an itchy scalp
- Boost circulation to the scalp to stimulate growth
- Encourage your hair follicles to absorb nutrients
- It does a good job of preventing dryness and breakage
- Possible to receive a formula with altered ingredients
- A little bit pricy in comparison with similar products
You can change how you care for your hair and give it the upkeep it deserves with Dr. Squatch Natural Men’s Shampoo.
Overall Rating: 4.6/5
Aveeno Pure Renewal Gentle Shampoo
Have you been looking for a natural formula that effectively removes impurities? Look no further than the Aveeno Pure Renewal Gentle Shampoo.
- Seaweed extract
- Citric acid
- Laminaria saccharina extract
This incredible shampoo from Aveeno is formulated with sulfate-free ingredients that are gentle on delicate and color-treated hair.
I truly appreciate the presence of seaweed in the formula, considering that it is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B, vitamin A, and antioxidants.
All these nutrients support hair growth and a healthy scalp.
Mica, on the other hand, adds a little sparkle and shine to the hair.
Glycerin, an odorless and colorless liquid, does a good job of attracting moisture to your hair. It helps nourish and moisturize the scalp to remove dandruff and relieve dryness and breakage.
It is very effective for deep conditioning, which helps remove frizz to increase body and shine. Antimicrobial properties of glycerin help treat irritation and itchiness.
Citric acid helps improve the health of your scalp by increasing circulation and removing dead skin cells.
What we don’t like is the strong perfume aroma, which can be overpowering for some men.
- The formula is completely sulfate-free
- Nutrient-packed to boost the growth and health of your hair
- Provide deep conditioning to remove dryness and frizz
- Improve circulation to the scalp to stimulate growth
- Help relieve scalp irritation and itchiness
- It tends to have an overpowering aroma
- May leak out during shipping
The scent is exceptional for those who are not allergic to strong aromas.
As far as performance goes, it does a great job of stimulating growth and shine.
Overall Rating: 4.6/5
Pure Nature Argan Oil Shampoo
Hydrate, restore moisture to your hair, stimulate growth, and increase shine with Pure Nature Argan Oil Shampoo.
- Argan oil
- Cocamide MEA
- Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Deionized water
This natural shampoo contains argan oil, which is great because it is an exceptional hair growth regimen.
It is a good leave-in conditioner that moisturizes and hydrates the scalp and hair.
It controls frizz, repair split ends, and promotes body and shine. The oil also contains vitamin E and antioxidants that are very good for your hair.
Cocamide MEA is a good addition to the formula because it increases and stabilizes foam capacity.
Hydrolyzed wheat protein improves your tresses’ ability to reduce porosity, add shine, and retain moisture while improving smoothness.
According to the ingredients list, deionized water is the first ingredient, which is good because it is safe for the scalp and hair.
Dimethicone, on the other hand, coats the hair for deep conditioning and shine.
The shampoo is also fortified with Amodimethicone, which is non-soluble and helps prevent buildup.
But some men may be a little bit concerned with the strong smell, especially those who are allergic to strong aromas.
Related: The best smelling shampoos for men
- Moisturize and deep conditions the hair and scalp
- Control frizz and repairs split ends
- It increases and stabilizes foam capacity
- Contain deionized water that’s safe for the scalp and hair
- It gives your hair a luxurious feel
The fragrance may be too strong for some men
The shampoo is designed to be deeply nourishing and does a good job of preventing split ends and increasing hair strength.
Overall Rating: 4.6/5
Alba Botanica More Moisture Shampoo
Have you been looking for a natural shampoo for men that’s designed for dry hair? Look no further than Alba Botanica More Moisture Shampoo.
- Coconut oil
- Aloe Vera leaf juice
- Macadamia seed oil
- Pineapple fruit extract
- Papaya fruit extract
- Ginger root extract
This natural cleansing formula is packed with glycerin, which is a great moisturizing agent.
The main purpose of this ingredient is to attract moisture to your hair. It is very effective at repairing a damaged scalp.
It achieves this by removing dandruff and breaking down dead skin cells. It also does a good job of retaining hair length.
The next incredible moisturizing agent in the shampoo is coconut oil, which does a good job of removing dandruff and excess oil. Coconut oil will also leave the hair soft and shiny.
Aloe Vera leaf juice is also a good moisturizing and conditioning agent that prevents itching and dryness.
Macadamia oil infuses your hair strands, supplying them with fatty acids for strength, thickness, and fullness.
The oil also contains lots of antioxidants that help the hair recover after being exposed to environmental pollutants.
Another great ingredient is the pineapple fruit extract that contains vitamin C for shinier and softer hair.
This oil is also anti-inflammatory and good for preventing scalp problems.
- Glycerin keeps your hair hydrated and healthy
- The shampoo breaks down dead skin cells to boost scalp health
- Condition the scalp to prevent itching and dryness
- It gives hair strength, thickness, and fullness
- Help the hair recover after being exposed to pollutants
There is a possibility of receiving a fake formula
This shampoo will give healthier hair with every wash, but make sure you don’t receive a fake product.
Overall Rating: 4.4/5
Honeydew Aloe Vera Shampoo
If you are looking for an ethically made formula in the USA with sustainable ingredients, look no further than Honeydew Aloe Vera Shampoo.
- Aloe Vera leaf juice
- Jojoba oil
- Sunflower oil
- Plant-derived keratin
This formula is one hundred percent natural, containing vitamin-packed ingredients like plant-derived keratin, sunflower oil, and aloe Vera.
The plant-derived keratin enhances elasticity and increases the strength of hair follicles to boost growth and shine.
Sunflower oil, on the other hand, contains oleic acid that’s great for stopping breakage. It has very effective anti-inflammatory qualities that help alleviate itchiness and dandruff.
Jojoba oil and aloe Vera leaf extract do a great job of moisturizing the scalp and preventing dryness. This duo is very effective at preventing hair loss and promoting hair thickness.
Another good ingredient in this formula is glycerin, which deeply hydrates and moisturizes the scalp, removes split ends, reduces itching, repairs damaged strands, and promotes growth.
But here is the thing, it is quite possible to receive a formula with altered ingredients.
- Improve the strength of your hair follicles
- It does a good job of enhancing elasticity and resilience
- Anti-inflammatory properties alleviate itchiness
- Stop split ends and hair strand breakage
- Reduce thinning to improve growth and thickness
Possible to receive a bottle with altered ingredients
This is definitely a great shampoo for a man’s hair. It will improve growth, strength, and thickness. Just be on the lookout for fake products.
Overall Rating: 4.4/5
How to Choose Natural Shampoo for Men?
As with most things in life, the idea that any natural shampoo will do is just not true. You have to dig a little deeper to find the ideal natural formula for your hair.
Here are a few considerations you can make:
Stick with Just the Basics
A safe, natural shampoo for men needs only basic ingredients. Be sure you know what you are getting by examining product labels carefully, especially the ingredients list.
The best ideal ingredients to look out for are tea tree oil, sage leaf, aloe vera, peppermint, and eucalyptus, to mention a few.
The shampoo should be free of sulfates, gluten, glycols, silicones, petrochemicals, phthalates, parabens, and harsh chemicals.
Choose Organic Ingredients and Say No to Strong Fragrance
Go for ingredients that are grown without organic fertilizers and botanicals grown using biodynamic farming methods.
Avoid shampoos that have a powerful aroma. If at all possible, consider unscented formulas.
For this roundup, the winner is Kick Men’s Natural Shampoo. This restorative complex produces healthier-looking tresses every day.
It is packed with natural and botanical ingredients like tea tree oil, sage leaf, witch hazel, peppermint oil, lemongrass, eucalyptus, lavender, aloe vera, and rosemary.
What’s truly impressive about this formula is that it doesn’t contain gluten, silicones, petrochemicals, phthalates, glycols, harsh chemicals, parabens, or sulfates.
Its rosemary, peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus scent is decent and not excessive.
You May Also Like: