Razor bumps and skin irritation are troublesome inflammatory problems suffered by many black men when shaping the beard.
These two are not impossible problems. You can effectively overcome them with the best shaving cream for black men.
The shaving creams that we have selected for you have proven to be very reliable when shaving a curly or coarse beard. They do an amazing job of lifting the hair, allowing for a closer, smoother shave without razor bumps or skin irritation.
Experience the difference with these amazing products.
- 1 What are Razor Bumps?
- 2 The Best Shaving Creams for Black Men Are:
- 2.1 Jack Black Supreme Cream
- 2.2 Proraso Refreshing and Toning Shaving Cream
- 2.3 HeadBlade HeadSlick Shave Cream
- 2.4 C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
- 2.5 Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream
- 2.6 Geo F. Trumper Coconut Oil Soft Shaving Cream
- 2.7 Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort Shaving Cream
- 2.8 Pacific Shaving Company Natural Shave Cream
- 2.9 Cremo Barber Grade Original Shave Cream
- 2.10 Eshave Shave Cream
- 2.11 Harry’s Shaving Cream
- 3 Home Shaving Remedies for Black Men
- 4 Conclusion
What are Razor Bumps?
Razor bumps or ingrown hairs occur when very wiry or curly facial hair is cut at the wrong angle. They tend to curve over into the skin.
They are usually itchy, irritating, peinful, and can become infected. When they become infected, they can lead to scar tissue and leave pits and marks in the skin.
Razor bumps may force some black men to wear a beard without shaving. But it doesn’t have to be so.
All you need is a shaving cream that can alleviate the problem.
The Best Shaving Creams for Black Men Are:
Jack Black Supreme Cream
Give your black beard a refreshing shave with this amazing cream from Jack Black.
The cream produces a luxurious lather that does a great job of lifting your facial hair up and away from your skin for a safe, close, smooth shave.
You’ve got three hydrating layers that produce a very protective cushion between the blade and your skin.
What’s in the cream? Glycerin, jojoba oil, soybean oil, and macadamia.
- This cream is rich in glycerin, which is great because it provides a protective layer that allows you to shave your facial hair without skin irritation, cuts, or nicks.
- Jojoba oil ensures there are fewer skin burns, if any.
- Macadamia nut oil, on the other hand, helps moisturize the skin for a smoother shave.
Another good thing about this cream is the fact that it doesn’t dry out your skin, thanks to the antioxidants and hydrating oils.
Proraso Refreshing and Toning Shaving Cream
Get a refreshing and toning shaving experience with this amazing cream.
This luxurious shaving cream generates an elastic, thick lather that creates a very protective layer when trimming your beard.
The cream is formulated with coconut oil, stearic acid, eucalyptus oil, menthol, and camphor.
- Coconut oil helps create a protective lather between your skin and the blade, preventing razor burns and irritation. It’s also a very intense beard moisturizer.
- Eucalyptus oil provides you with a soothing and cooling sensation for a very comfortable shave.
- The stearic acid makes the lather creamier, more stable, and soap thicker. Meanwhile, Menthol ensures you experience a soothing feeling that relieves irritation.
- This formula has no animal testing, and it’s cruelty-free. It doesn’t contain SLS, artificial colors, mineral oils, silicones, phthalates, or parabens.
To use, apply a small amount of the cream to your beard brush and add water to activate the lather.
Once the lather is thick enough, apply it to your facial hair and skin.
HeadBlade HeadSlick Shave Cream
This incredible formula is designed to give black man the smoothest shave possible.
Why this shave cream? It contains special lubricants that encourage the blade to glide easily along your skin.
The cream is water-soluble, which means rinsing the blades is super easy. Also, the formula is enriched with menthol for a relaxed and refreshing after shave feeling.
What’s in this shaving cream? The formula contains Myristic acid, Propylene glycol, Potassium hydroxide, Cetearyl alcohol, and water.
- Myristic acid is an exceptional cleansing agent and surfactant that provides an excellent, abundant lather. It’s very effective at washing away oils that clog skin pores.
- Myristic also hydrates and conditions your skin after a shave to ease irritation.
This product can be used with almost any beard razor. You can use it on your face, body, and head because it is free of cruelty or harsh chemicals.
You just need a little bit of it to get your desired shave going.
C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
With C.O. Bigelow, you get a premium shave every time. Achieving close shaves isn’t an issue when using this incredible shaving cream.
This is so because it produces a softening, creamy lather that protects your skin from the effects of the blade as it glides along your skin.
What’s in this premium cream? Its powerful ingredients include camphor, coconut oil, menthol, eucalyptus oil, and glycerin.
- Glycerin encourages the blade to glide gently and smoothly across your skin to reduce rashes and razor burns.
- Eucalyptus oil helps with cleaning and muscle-soothing.
- Mint-derived menthol provides your skin with a soothing and cooling sensation to impart a sense of freshness.
- Coconut oil ensures the skin underneath your beard is hydrated, smooth, supple, and healthy. The vitamin E in the coconut helps protect your skin against dryness.
- Camphor, on the other hand, helps relieve itching and skin irritation.
It’s probably the easiest cream to use. All you have to do is apply a good amount to wet hands to create a rich, protective lather.
There is no cruelty or animal testing which exactly you need for your sensitive skin.
Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream
Here is the allergen-free shaving cream for sensitive skin you have been looking for all this time.
Its fougère fragrance is accompanied by lavender and bergamot supported by amber, neroli, and geranium for a very masculine and refreshing aroma.
This uniquely formulated shaving cream is made up of aloe Vera leaf juice, stearic acid, coconut fatty acid, myristic acid, and cocoa.
- Aloe Vera leaf juice is a great emollient with anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, healing, softening, and hydrating properties.
- It supplies moisture directly to the underlying tissues in your skin, thanks to its fast absorption rate. Aloe also offers your skin great UV and sunburn protection.
- Coconut fatty acid is highly moisturizing, which is great because it helps alleviate dryness, flaking, and irritation.
- Cocoa doesn’t just clear and soften your skin, but it also increases your skin’s elasticity.
Apart from being allergen-free, this cream is also cruelty-free.
Geo F. Trumper Coconut Oil Soft Shaving Cream
Get a clean close shave and a refreshing aftershave smell with this incredible product from Geo F. Trumper.
The cream features coconut acid, myristic acid, stearic acid, glycerin, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, and triethanolamine.
- Coconut has superior soothing, antioxidant, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties. The moisturizing properties of coconut acid help relieve dryness, flakiness, and even skin irritation.
- Myristic acid improves the cream’s ability to get rid of oils that normally clog your skin.
- Stearic acid, on the other hand, makes the lather of this premium product creamier, thicker, and more stable. Glycerin helps create a rich lather that allows the blade to cut smoothly.
- This formula has a tropical coconut aroma that is very refreshing and suitable for any skin type.
It’s a vegan-based cream, which means it doesn’t contain harsh elements, animal testing, or cruelty.
It’s easy to use the cream with a shaving brush.
Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort Shaving Cream
Experience ultimate comfort when shaving with this fantastic cream from Truefitt & Hill.
This product is formulated to provide the smoothest and closest shave possible while protecting your skin from razor burns and irritation. It does a great job of repairing damaged skin cells.
The cream features some powerful and effective ingredients like lavender oil, glycerin, coconut acid, myristic acid, and stearic acid.
- Lavender oil is a gentle antiseptic that is very effective at moisturizing and healing the skin: Soothing inflammation and skin irritation, cooling razor burns and providing relief for facial cold sores. It also helps balance oil production and stimulates circulation to the skin.
- Apart from improving blade glide and comfort, glycerin moisturizes the skin to enhance its suppleness.
- Coconut acid has superior moisturizing and hydrating properties that relieve dryness and flakiness.
- Myristic acid gets rid of excess oil that is clogging skin pores, while stearic acid improves the richness of the lather.
The cream is also free of harsh elements, and it is not animal tested.
Pacific Shaving Company Natural Shave Cream
Experience the soothing comfort of natural, safe, and plant-derived ingredients with this good cream from Pacific Shaving Company.
It features high-quality ingredients like: Aloe vera leaf juice, Palm and coconut oils, Vegetable-based glycerin, Sunflower seed oil, Shea butter, Bergamot fruit oil, Grapefruit oil, Orange peel oil, Tangerine peel oil, White tea, Green tea leaf extract, Lavender extract, Clover extract, Sweet almond fruit extract, Oat, and Vitamin E.
- Aloe Vera leaf juice is a very powerful emollient with very useful hydrating and softening properties. It does an incredible job of moisturizing your skin to soothe irritation and razor burns.
- Palm and coconut oils are great face moisturizers that help to soften and smoothen the skin.
- Sunflower seed oil is calming and soothing to the skin. It’s thinner than other oils; so, it works well in combination with other ingredients to make lather activation much more accessible.
- The sweet almond fruit extract, which is rich in fatty acids, not only protects the skin from dryness, but also improves the skin’s barrier function.
Besides, the extract also supports to keep the skin smooth and supple.
Another good tradition of Pacific Shaving Company is that they don’t use harsh elements or cruelty of any kind.
Cremo Barber Grade Original Shave Cream
Get the shave that you desire with Cremo’s bestselling shave cream.
With this amazing product, you get an impossibly slick lather that is creamy, thicker, and cushiony for fighting razor burns, irritation, and nicks. It allows you to have a closer, smoother, and safer shave.
Special ingredients in this incredible formula include stearic acid, macadamia seed oil, aloe vera leaf juice, lemon fruit extract, calendula, olive leaf extract, and papaya fruit extract.
- Macadamia seed oil is a great moisturizer that helps to replenish your skin’s underlying tissue.
- Aloe leaf juice does an excellent job of moisturizing, soothing, and calming your skin when shaving. It’s excellent for dry and sensitive skin.
- The anti-inflammatory and purifying properties of olive leaf extract help relieve and soothe skin irritation and razor burns.
- The papaya fruit extract is rich in chymopapain and papain, which have anti-inflammatory effects. Papaya can also get rid of dead skin cells.
Cremo also has a good reputation for not using harsh ingredients or animal testing on their products.
Eshave Shave Cream
Use a rich shaving cream that’s designed to soften facial hair and open skin pores.
Unlike conventional shaving products, eShave promotes optimal prepping of your facial hair and skin for the best shaving results.
This incredible formula creates a warm, creamy, rich lather that softens hair, opens skin pores, and protects your skin from the razor blade.
The cream is packed with high-quality ingredients like stearic acid, myristic acid, coconut acid, geraniol, and glycerin.
- The stearic acid is obtained from pure stearic acid, palm oil, cocoa butter, and Shea butter.
- Stearic acid and glycerin help create a thicker, denser, and richer lather that has superior lubricating ability. Specifically, it ensures the blade slides along the skin smoothly without inflicting cuts or nicks.
- Coconut acid is a very effective moisturizer that helps replenish your skin.
Another useful feature of the Eshave brand is the fact that they don’t use animal testing on their products.
Harry’s Shaving Cream
If you want a smooth, soothing, and comfortable shave, use Harry’s Shaving Cream.
The formula is specifically designed to help your razor blade glide effortlessly over your skin without inflicting nicks, cuts, or razor burns.
Basically, the cream settles near the skin, allowing for easier styling of facial hair.
The cream is made up of twelve natural extracts and oils, such as eucalyptus and marula, for moisturizing and soothing skin irritation.
- The natural botanicals help replenish the underlying skin tissue to help repair damaged cells.
- It also contains aloe, which is an excellent emollient for softening and healing the skin.
- Mint, on the other hand, has a cooling and soothing sensation even after shaving.
Harry’s Shaving Cream is cruelty-free, and it doesn’t contain harsh ingredients.
Read more: Best Shaving Creams for Wet Electric Shaver
Home Shaving Remedies for Black Men
In addition to changing your shaving cream, you might have better aftershave results with the following home remedies.
Heal with Aloe Vera
You can soothe razor bumps and skin irritations with aloe Vera.
- Using a cotton ball or pad, apply a thin layer of aloe to the shaved or affected area and allow it to dry.
- Repeat for a number of days until the skin is no longer irritated.
Loosen with Sugar
If you happen to get razor bumps, use sugar to scrub the area, and exfoliate the skin.
- Apply the sugar in a circular motion, lubricating it with some water.
- Rinse after the sugar has dissolved.
- Repeat for a number of days for the best results.
You can also use the best aftershaves for Black Skin to treat razor bumps, razor burns, skin irritation, dryness, flakiness, and itchiness.
Softening and moisturizing your beard with:
Avoid razor bumps, skin irritation, and razor burns with the best shaving cream for black men.
Make sure you choose a cream that is fortified with glycerin to help the blade glide smoothly over your face without causing razor bumps.
Did you discover shaving creams that are working wonders on your black facial skin? Tell us about them in the comments below!